Wednesday, November 12, 2008
posted by Carol at 5:23 PM

Halloween is celebrated on October 31st. Traditionally in the USA people (mainly children) dress in costumes and go door to door to receive treats or play tricks...
The costumes can be anything from a super hero to a scary monster. People often use hair dye, face paint and masks to complete their look.


In early to mid October people start to decorate their houses for Halloween. They may carve faces on pumpkins or use orange lights. Some people even make fake graves in their yards (headstones).

Pumpkin


Headstones:

Another tradition often enjoyed by teenagers and adults are the haunted houses. As you walk through the hauted house you may hear screams or scary noises. There are also people in scary costumes who might grab you or jump out at you as you walk through.

Haunted Houses:


On Halloween night, we had 30 kids come to our door for trick or treating. I kept waiting to hear the Halloween poem that my English teacher Joy taught me:
trick or treat
smell my feet
give me something
good to eat

Trick or Treating


I even had a chance to have some treats at my job. Our managers wore costumes as they passed out candy throughout the department...what a treat!!!


Trick or Treating at work



Trump was there too...


I had so much fun!!!
Next year I really want to see some tricks from the kids...and I will ask Jorge to smell their feet.
Looking forward to the next Halloween, wah,haha
 
1 Comments:


At December 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Blogger Gisele

Carol!!!
Tenho um presentinho no meu blog para você, é um selo de qualidade que é dado de blogueiros para blogueiros! Espero que goste!!! um beijo!!! Gi